Nexus 4 and Ubuntu touch

I have a little problem with Ubuntu touch on my nexus 4.

Every time i switch on the internet(wifi or 3g) and do a search in the
dash, the phone screen turns greyish black and takes me back to the welcome
screen. All my open applications are automatically closed. I'm guessing its
a unity 8 crash. However, when  i do the same search locally(without net)
it works just fine.

I use the previews feature exclusively to play songs on my phone. When i
preview a song and play it through the previews, it plays fine. But if i
just press the physical power button to lock the screen or the screen turns
off automatically after sometime, the song stops playing. Unlocking the
screen closes the preview. Strangely, when i do the exact same thing with
the phone connected to the pc with a usb cable, i cant reproduce the
problem.

The above two activities also cause my phone to heat up rapidly which is
not an issue atm as it hasnt stopped working yet, but it could be a cause
for concern soon. What am i doing wrong? Could it be the android 4.3 radio
image i flashed? Or is it a genuine unity 8 problem? Also, the interface
itself feels a lot more fluid than it used to be but it still takes ages to
open any application(7-8 seconds atleast). Is this going to be faster in
the next images? Currently using trusty-proposed release 148.

Thanks and have a nice day :)