Help needed to configure power management for Nexus 4

Hi.

I've noticed that while my app is running and after screen lock is activated (pressing power button or letting timeout to lock the device), all activity is stopped in the application i.e. writes to my log file stops, no more network communication etc. When the screen lock is deactivated, my app becomes alive again. How do I disable this? My app needs to talk to my server all the time using wifi or cellular 3G, even when the screen lock is active. Is there some simple way to configure powerd not to go into this kind of deep sleep?

Cheers,
 - Ari

Follow ups