Re: Qt 5.2 info, fixes and rebuilds needed

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Timo Jyrinki
<timo.jyrinki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-beta2/+packages
> build wise. A couple of key packages still have problems, so I'd like
> to highlight the following bugs after which I believe there'd be a
> good chance of building Qt 5.2 enabled Touch images to start
> functionality tests:
>
> - http://pad.lv/1267917 unity-scopes-api (tests)
> - http://pad.lv/1267831 unity-scopes-shell (build)
> - http://pad.lv/1271034 qtubuntu-sensors (build)
> - http://pad.lv/1271039 accounts-qml-module (tests)
> - http://pad.lv/1270778 telephony-service (tests)

These and numerous others have been fixed! Regarding failing tests,
Ubuntu UI Toolkit is getting a series of fixes from Zsombor from his
heroic debugging last week, to fix the remaining hard-to-find test
problems in layouts, tabs and a race condition with extra QQmlEngine.
That leaves webbrowser-app with failing armhf test(s) at the moment
(i386 got fixed via a Qt patch), although a build has been made with
tests disabled.

> - http://pad.lv/1267818 qtubuntu-media and other related media packages (build)

qtvideo-node still needs a solution, others solved.

With those omissions which make some functionality unavailable, it's
now possible to manually upgrade at least Nexus 4 to Qt 5.2:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6826187/
WARNING: It will break stuff, so only update if you want to develop
and/or file bugs.

Unity8 runs smoothly for me, although I need not to allow screen to
blank (http://pad.lv/1258064). Just a moment ago I got apps lens to
work again (ubuntu-purchase-service was not being recipe built), and
at least Clock, Gallery, Calendar, System Settings and so on are
working, while webbrowser has some problem. Indicators work fine, too.

Testing, fixing and bug filing is very much needed to get everything
top-notch! Use the 'qt5.2' tag for bugs
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=qt5.2)

Regarding flashable images, Oliver Grawert hinted that this week could
see the needed support hacked up for the image creation using the PPA.
I believe first image tests could be started as soon as the images can
be built.

-Timo