Status Update - WebApps Team - January 24

*

HTML5 SDK

* Reviewed the architecture of our HTML5 stack

* Defined integration of the API bindings with the rest of the HTML5 container, including the Cordova plugins API

* Plan for adjusting package names and dependencies: ie, ubuntu-html5-theme to become ubuntu-html5-ui-toolkit for example

* Reviewed and uploaded test packages for the HTML5 stack

* Tested sample HTML5 application with the 3 main features: Ubuntu UI layer, native Ubuntu API call (content-hub) and access to the camera via Cordova

* Update of the cordova-ubuntu runtime and merge upstream for the 3.4 release

* Work on getting Cordova-Medic in place for adding test automation for the CLI tools and Cordova runtime

Webapps Stack

* Work on the NPAPI switch, ie porting the Chrome extension to the new JSON-based API; the old NPAPI interface is planned to become obsolete this year, according to the latest upstream plans

* Release of a Gmail update

* Debugging of matching and configuration issues

* Review of Oxide bugs/features necessary for the webapp container

Online Accounts

* Review of the proposal for changing the recommended API for app key usage; we will now recommend the use of distinct application API keys, rather than relying on our central keys

Click webapps

* Debugging of the AP test suite issues (autopilot patch avaialable now, thanks QA team!)

*

--
David Barth
Engineering Manager, Product Strategy