Re: Executing binaries from click packages, under confinement

On 03.02.2014 17:44, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
At this point, I think I would suggest just using aa-exec-click, but note by
doing so it will not be under application lifecycle since it is isn't running
under upstart. I'm not sure how much of a concern this is. It is conceivable app
authors could abuse this to start long running processes, so this is perhaps not
the best choice. Maybe upstart-app-launch should be adjusted to assist online
accounts? I'll let others comment on that.

The whole trusted session will be considered for a single lifecycle "group" with the original app, so yes it will be put under lifecycle management regardless of how it's launched.

That said, having upstart manage those would definitely help, having to track the PID is not something we'd like to do. I don't think you'll need more than one instance of the plugin? In that case a simple .desktop file with NoShow=True (or whatever the right syntax is) would be enough to get it going under upstart-app-launch.
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.