Re: Cellular dataroaming

On 06/02/14 08:10, Mathijs Veen wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to find out what the development status is of (cellular) dataroaming for touch. I was travelling abroad last week and found no way of getting dataroaming to work.

In /var/log/syslog you should be able to see ofono/nm log messages about failing to activate contexts.

Celular system settings sugests that this can be configured and in fact, when Cellular data & Data roaming were swithed on, available carriers did appear. But when selected, no data connection is created.
(I was using Maguro btw)

This toggle does work for me, and believe me, you want it disabled most of the time ;-) The click scope needs some work to not re download everytime. I'm logging a bug as soons as I get my phone bill ;-) Other scopes do the same, but apps is then lens I access the most.

I discussed this on #ubuntu-touch irc with nhaines. I have come to understand that this feauture is still largely built up of placeholders and is not functioning atm. Also, I was advised to point this out on this mailing list, as it may not have the highest focus.

It does work as long as the apn context can be activated abroad. That said, we are currently discussing mms, apn selection and creation.

I will be happy to do an LP bug repport for this as well, if needed (unless this is already WIP). If so, which function should I repport it against? System-settings?

If your specific apn didn't work and everything else you did seemed right, against ofono; you will need to provide ofono logs to make the bug useful and not fall into forget land.

The other things I'm mostly sure are tracked under blueprints so a bug is not necessary (it's a future feature)

Cheers
Sergio