AOSP-based 4.4.2 Phablet repositories are now available

Hey,

It took a bit longer than expected, but we finally manage to push,
review and land all the current AOSP 4.4.2 based changes at
https://code-review.phablet.ubuntu.com/.

We decided to use this opportunity to also exercise our gerrit
instance to do proper review for all the patches we had, so that also
means that we're now finally able to accept changes via gerrit. To
learn how to use gerrit, please take a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Gerrit.

For anyone that wants to read and consume our changes, please use the
phablet-4.4.2_r1 branch as reference, which is basically aosp-4.4.2_r1
plus our Ubuntu Touch specific changes.

And to build an image:
$ repo init -u https://code-review.phablet.ubuntu.com/p/aosp/platform/manifest.git
-b phablet-4.4.2_r1
$ repo sync
# Download the vendor specific binaries from
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers
$ lunch -> select which target to use, like aosp_flo-userdebug
$ make

As a result you should get boot.img, recovery.img and system.img,
which can then be used to flash your Nexus devices with Ubuntu Touch.

For anyone wanting to build an Ubuntu Touch system image, please take
a look at https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg06352.html. It's
really easy to consume Ogra's awesome tool to build everything you
need to flash your device.

We hope to officially switch to the 4.4.2 based images soon, more news
over the next few days.

And, if you want to help updating our porting guide, or proposing
builds and patches for additional devices, that would be more than
welcome :-)

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo