# 201:
* mostly about new unity8 to isolate downloads in separate threads, card background support and a bigger sidestage threshold.
* some core apps updates

#202:
* we got the click update UI back on the image

-> we didn't get test results due to CI infrastructure issues.

Then, we had the switch to the new android 4.4 kernel.

#203:
* First tentative version with the new android version, including hybris support

# 204:
* Minor changes, mostly some dropped dependencies on zeigeist

# 205:
* Some android configuration change for flo.

# 206:
* First real 4.4 version being able to be flash recovery and boot on your devices. * New music and terminal application. Music introduced a bug on first launch[2]. This wasn't in previous version of music-apps. Alan reverted it. We'll need upstream as well to ensure they write an integration test for that case.

-> We didn't get until this morning any results on those image as the CI test infrastructure needed to be changed to take into account due to the new flashing image code being the only working for the 4.4 switch. 206 was rerun this morning and we see a lot of system-settle issues.

It took a big part of the day to clear that out: idle definition changed in the kernel (it's based on all active CPU and not on all active + shutdown CPUs) as in the past. That's why we started to see pulseaudio and unity-system-compositor reporting higher CPU usage than they used to. We need to the CI team to accord to those new ways of reporting idle values. Thanks to Sivaa, Lukasz, Olivier and Andy to have helped clearing that out.

Also, in parallel, Paul is looking at getting then real results in term of what tests are actually failing or not out of the system settle noise. We know that there were some that will need to be addressed by the US landing team.

-------
CALL TO ACTION, we need to have every upstream teams working to get back to a green image on mako at least:

All results are available at http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/206:20140224:20140224. We have an awesome team of upstream teams/landing team pairing up to examine all tests failures and tell us if the issue is in the tests themselves, a regression in the app, or a global platform issue:

- ubuntu_terminal_app (Nicholas & Robert)
  - test_circle_menu_shows
- ubuntu_weather_app (Nicholas & Robert)
  - test_add_location_keyboard
  - test_switch_scale
- ubuntu_clock_app (Nicholas & Robert)
  - test_delete_alarm_must_delete_from_alarm_list
- ubuntu_calculator_app (Nicholas & Robert)
  - test_three_negative_numbers_multiplication
- music_app (Nicholas & Robert)
  - test_add_songs_to_queue_from_songs_tab_and_play
  - test_show_albums_sheet
- camera_app (Bill & Mathieu)
  - test_move_focus_ring
- unity8 (Lukasz & Kevin)
  - test_pin_screen_wrong_code
  - test_icon_summary_body
  - test_swipe_out_application_started_by_url_dispatcher
  - test_open_preview
  - test_append_hint
- gallery_app (Bill & Mathieu)
  - test_album_title_fields
- dialer_app (Bill & Mathieu)
  - test_outgoing_answer_local_hangup
  - test_call_log_item_opens_messaging
  - test_outgoing_answer_remote_hangup
  - test_outgoing_noanswer

Note that rssreader app failing was due to rename to short, Paul is working in updating the test infrastructure according to it.
----

Ricardo also mentioned a couple of regressions that needs to be fixed before being able to promote an image:
* Voice call not working properly after the first call [3]
* Camera freezes after taking photo on Nexus 4 [4]
* A pulseaudio high CPU usage due to switch on and off CPU
* An ophono-sim installed (during tests) which is making network-manager quite verbose.

Note as well that the sound hardware buttons not working that Nicholas reported on image 200 wasn't reproducible in latest image. So we put that one on side and concentrate on the other issues first.

We need to have all that solved and the dashboard + dogfooding in an acceptable state again before processing further. Let's get the dream's team working together :)
Cheers,
Didier

[1] http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/206:20140224:20140224/6796/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1284025