Landing team 26.02.14

Hey,

Some desktop only update are still flowing in through CI Train, however, we are still blocked by not being able to get one image promotable.

Otherwise, two images were produced:
#208 contained the second part of the sdk fix for the alarm
#209 contains a libhybris change to protect bionic properties call.

Here are the updates on current known regressions:

1. The most common one: StateNotFoundError issue (Julien)
Bill opened https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/autopilot/+bug/1284316. I tried to revert and rerun with some of the most obvious components which can have an impact without any success. I think we need the autopilot guys to help on that one and see if they can dig the exact issue (weird that the android 4.4 switch has any side-effect on that one). Julien, can you help getting them looking at the bug Bill opened (I added as well weather-app as a very easy way to reproduce those issues)?

Work is going on. Leo wasn't able to reproduce it, some back and force on the mail comments shed some lights (with a whole list of tests that failed on #206, #207 and #208.

2. Unity8 (Micha?/Ricardo)
It seems there is a crash, debug symbols on the android side are building, Micha? and Ricardo are looking into those. Seems it's maybe not Android-side related but a gcc 4.7 vs 4.8 ABI mismatch. Ricardo is trying to disable tls for more information.
The investigation is still ongoing with Ricardo trying to disable multiple flags to see if that helps.

3. QMLScene crash (Timo + SDK team)
-> Timo told that this is in the V8 code and the experts don't have time and want to get Qt 5.2 asap rather.

Another crash today, same than the one yesterday.

4. Terminal-app (?ukasz)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1284594
There is one flaky test. I was only be able to reproduce it once on 10 runs. ?ukasz is looking at it and seems to have issues as well to reproduce it.
?ukasz continued debugging it and discussions is happening on the bug report.

5. gallery-app (Bill)
It seems there is a timeout (and a flaky test) on that one (passed on a rerun, but not yesterday nor today on first run): gallery_app.tests.test_album_editor.TestAlbumEditor.test_album_title_fields . Seems to be a timeout. I extracted the full logs: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6993735/
Bill, can we have your team looking on that one?

6. Voice call not working properly after the first call (Ricardo/David H.)
David was pinged on that one and looking with Ricardo looking on it.

7. Camera freezes after taking photo on Nexus 4 (which is making the camera AP tests failing) (Sergio)
Sergio is working on that one.

8. A pulseaudio high CPU usage due to switch on and off CPU (Ricardo/David H.) This one is fixed by a pulseaudio version (stuck in proposed due to beta freeze for now).
The pulseaudio fix is still blocked in proposed due to beta-freeze.

9. An ophono-sim installed (during tests) which is making network-manager quite verbose (Andy D.)
Andy has a task to look at this one.
Andy fixed that one now. Packages are installed and removed as part of setUp/tearDown for every test suite.

10. The alarm creating issues on clock apps (Robert).
-> Half of the fix is in the release pocket, the other half (the sdk part) is stuck in proposed due to beta-freeze. Robert is looking if that can goes to the release pocket.

The whole fix is now in.

11. weather-app (Nicholas):
A release is coming to fix the AP issues. Need a release.

Another flaky clock-app test has some fixes from Leo, needing a release (maybe with another incoming fix):
https://code.launchpad.net/~elopio/ubuntu-clock-app/page_object-alarm_tests/+merge/207988

We see as well a lot of cases where the system isn't able to unlock the green successfully. Paul is investigating that one (even on image #202).

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups