Unity API status update wk 9

Scopes

Functionality wise we pretty much on par with 13.10. Plan is to finally
switch the image to new scopes beginning/mid of next week. Outstanding
issues are related to AP adjustments, improving developer documentation
and scope testing capabilities as well as some more bugfixing.

Speaking of testing: to enable developer to test their scope
implementation without the need to run the entire scope machinery we had
to change some of the public API. Unfortunately, this means that all
scopes have to be adapted (only very minor changes though). This is
going to happen still this week so before we make new scopes the default
on the device image. After that, there are no further API breakages planned.

Indicators & Alarms

Sound indicator adjustments to talk to media hub are implemented. By
utilizing the account service, the music player control functionality is
also accessible from the greeter. Supposed to land early next week in
archive.

On the alarm service and datetime indicator side we fixed some issue
related to event storage and retrieval in EDS, so saved events/alarms
are not going into void any longer.

Infographics

For 14.04 we want to give visual designers but also app developers more
freedom to create infographics for the greeter. Instead of defining data
or graphic templates we leave everything to developers, basically app
developer define their data formats, visual designers explicitly define
which data formats (apps) to read/utilize for graphics generation. We
have implementated all the basic components for this new system and we
expect to land this during next two weeks.

Mediascanner

Implemented qml API to access mediascanner information from e.g. music
app. Not yet certain if it lands still this week.

Follow ups