Re: Landing team 28.02.14

On 03/01/2014 06:08 AM, Nekhelesh Ramananthan wrote:
Hi,

2. Clock apps flaky tests (Nicholas + QA team?)
Nicholas is off today and has still 2 bugs on the list (see his answer on the ML yesterday). Mathieu is going to reach the QA guys to help unblocking that one.

I got some news on this from the clock app side. So as Leo mentioned in his email, there were two bugs [1], [2] that were exposed while improving and increasing the coverage of the clock app autopilot tests. I am glad that these bugs surfaced during our testing rather than after it landed on the phone images.

Bug [1] just got fixed by Victor Thompson and has landed in the trunk.

Bug [2] on the other hand was a little bit tricky since it was reproducible in the current phone image #210 consistently but on the desktop, Leo and Alan Pope were unable to reproduce the bug while I could reproduce it on my own desktop. However after some digging through, I found that they both did not have *qtorganizer5-eds *package installed on their system. So it seems *qtorganizer5-eds 0.1.1+14.04.20140221-0ubuntu1 *is causing this bug. I request that renato take a look at this and identify which commit in qtorganizer5-eds introduced that regression.

With that, I think we should be able to push the latest clock app to the store. I will ask balloons to do this on Monday.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1285960
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1285958

I hope this clears up things.
Yes, I'm ready as soon as we've cleared up the bugs. I agree, better to have found them during testing than after release; tests doing there job. Thanks to Leo and Nekhelesh for working so hard on the app and the tests!

We might have some fun instore again for trying to solve the EDS bug; renato I'm sure we'll be in touch. Let me know if you need help testing.

Nicholas