Re: System images.

On 2 March 2014 14:50, Зонов Роман <roman2861@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "The default update mechanism is therefore image based. We build new images
> on our build infrastructure, generate diffs between images and publish the
> result on the public server." - part of Stéphane Graber's post. Fox example,
> I have...1036 build of UT. Current version is 2056. As far as I understand,
> system-upgrader downloads 2056 build with ONLY difference between 2056 and
> 2055 build, isn't it? If it is, it is critical bug.

Not quite, there are multiple upgrade paths "to 2056", which depends
on which build one currently has.

There always is a "full" upgrade type - download complete rev2056 and
flash all of it.

There are also "delta" upgrade paths e.g. "2055 -> 2056", "2054 ->
2056", "2053 -> 2054", which means:
* if you are on 2053 - two delta updates will be applied, one to
upgrade to 2054 and another one to upgrade to 2056
* if you are on 2054 or 2055 - one delta update will be applied to
upgrade straight to 2056

If you look at the real upgrade manifest (e.g.
https://system-image.ubuntu.com/devel-proposed/mako/index.json ) you
can see that there is { "type": "full" } for each revision, but also
one or more { "base": XXX , "type": "delta" } updates for each {
"version": YYY }.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.