Re: porting to LG Optimus G E975

Hi,

Wanted to follow up on our earlier discussion. Haven't had much time to
work on this, hence the huge delay.

CM10.1 built without a hitch. I also flashed the ROM just to be sure, works
like a charm.

I still get errors for the Touch build, like several variable assignments
or conversions in some of the C files. I fixed what i could, but the build
still hangs at some point after it starts building the shared libraries. I
managed to pinpoint the problem to the Qcom Display-CAF libraries, but
other than that i'm in a stump :)

Copying files from the CM folder did not help and i can't figure out why,
maybe the reasons are some differences in the makefiles or the way Touch
builds the Ubuntu parts on top of CM, i don't know.

I can understand how things should logically work in almost any bit of code
and, given a decent amount of time, i can fix any problems, but this thing
is on a whole new level, mainly considering the huge amount of data i have
to process and, as i've said, time is not on my side.

It just doesn't make any sense for this to be such a hard thing to
accomplish (yeah, right :)) ). The hardware is basically the same as
Nexus4, as far as i know, the only difference is in the kernel. I thought
about fetching the OS sources for the Nexus4 and the kernel ones for the
E975 and trying to build like that, but i have a feeling i'm in for a lot
more trouble.

So the next logical thing is trying to build with Trusty, seeing as it's
the project being currently worked on. I've followed the build guide to the
letter, but it was made for Saucy.

What do you think? Thanks.