Re: Sharing dynamic informations between the user session and the greeter

On 14-03-06 01:08 PM, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le 06/03/2014 19:02, Marc Deslauriers a écrit :
>> Wouldn't a better design be to have the lock screen in the user's session? That
>> way each user can have their own lock screen, and it can access the user's data
>> without any security issue and difficulty in transferring data between different
>> security contexts...
> That' what we have been doing so far (on desktop), it has those advantages but
> also issues:
> - you get 2 codebases to maintain
> - you can't do user switching on the lock screen, so you need to to support
> bouncing users between those
> - design suggested the user experience is more confusing (mostly because you
> have similar screens with small difference and it's not obvious why that)

Having a system compositor could make for an interesting transition between
selecting a user in the greeter, and entering your password/PIN at the lock
screen in the user session (or a fake lock screen spawned by the greeter if the
user isn't currently logged in).

I seem to recall one of design's mockups having the lock come in from the right
edge when a user was selected...

Marc.