Re: script for using the new screencast/screenshot feature

* Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> as you might have seen on G+ already the new Mir ships a new
> screencast/screenshot feature, since that needs some extra
> processing of the images and slightly varies across teh devices
> I hacked up a little script that was tested on the three
> supported devices (N4, N7 (2013) and N10)

Sweet, I'm glad to hear this landed.  I was playing with some of
the early bits, and made a utility to do something similar.
However, it's intended to do both screenshots and videos, to do
it entirely on-device, and to work with automated test tools.

  lp:~toykeeper/+junk/mirshot

I haven't had a chance to try image 230 yet though, or to update
the tool accordingly.  Also, last I checked, mir didn't have the
ability to stream video to stdout yet, so I haven't added proper
video support (only splitting the input file into multiple
frames).  It'll probably require a lot of tweaking to get the
best video quality.

I should have it updated for image 230 later today (the install
process should be much easier, not expecting much else to change
yet though).

-- Selene