Re: script for using the new screencast/screenshot feature

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 11.03.2014, 11:28 -0600 schrieb Selene Scriven:
> * Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > as you might have seen on G+ already the new Mir ships a new
> > screencast/screenshot feature, since that needs some extra
> > processing of the images and slightly varies across teh devices
> > I hacked up a little script that was tested on the three
> > supported devices (N4, N7 (2013) and N10)
>
> Sweet, I'm glad to hear this landed.  I was playing with some of
> the early bits, and made a utility to do something similar.
> However, it's intended to do both screenshots and videos, to do
> it entirely on-device, and to work with automated test tools.
>
>   lp:~toykeeper/+junk/mirshot

it would probably be helpful to get that into phablet-tools then.I think
it would be better if we all used the same tools (like we do for
phablet-test-run or ubuntu-device-flash)

> I haven't had a chance to try image 230 yet though, or to update
> the tool accordingly.  Also, last I checked, mir didn't have the
> ability to stream video to stdout yet, so I haven't added proper
> video support (only splitting the input file into multiple
> frames).  It'll probably require a lot of tweaking to get the
> best video quality.
this:
vlc --demux rawvideo --rawvid-fps 10 --rawvid-width 768 --rawvid-height
1280 --rawvid-chroma=RGBA /tmp/mir_screencast_768x1280.rgba

should theoretically work (after you
created /tmp/mir_screencast_768x1280.rgba with mirscreencast ...)

ciao
	oli