Re: BUG: Ran out of space while installing ubuntu-sdk/go-qml directly on Nexus 4

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 16.03.2014, 07:58 -0400 schrieb David Marceau:
> This weekend I tried to install ubuntu-sdk directly on my Nexus 4 in
> order to directly build go-qml apps.  I ran out of space on the device.

this is by design ... we offer 500MB for installing additional packages
currently for people needing to work on the system plumbing itself.
Resizing the loop device would be really complex (not to mention that
using apt isn't really encouraged and that things like dist-upgrade are
not supported at all which means you would have to re-flash and
re-install all the time when wanting to upgrade anything)

I was wondering if it would make sense to offer a tool to resize the
loop image for developers (and cover the complexity for them), but that
won't change a thing regarding the fact that dpkg will break on apt-get
upgrade/dist-upgrade since it wont be able to use the hard links it
requires across partition boundaries.

If you want to build apps for the target arch, setting up a cross build
environment is the way to go here ...

ciao
	oli