Re: [Design] New back button placement, are we serious ?!?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does the Design team not try out the UI changes on a Nexus4 (4.7") or do
> you guys all have extremely long thumbs ?

Opinions are cheap and the framing of this question presumes
incompetence of the party with whom you're trying to effect change,
which is not a very effective communication technique.

Here's another opinion: back button in the upper left is a common,
discoverable location across multiple pieces of software, such as web
browsers and other mobile OSes; back button hidden in a menu at the
bottom edge is insane.

> Pretty please reconsider this, it makes using the phone an unpleasant
> experience.

It's also unpleasant watching newcomers walk up to a booth at MWC and
struggle to discover basic usability aspects of the phone, like how to
navigate back.

Agree with the change or not, the basic premise of your question
shouldn't be about incompetence, but rather understanding the process
that went into the change.