Re: Triggering on-screen keyboard with HTML5 SDK

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Robert Schroll <rschroll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Alexandre Abreu <alexandre.abreu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Robert,

The gist of the issue is OSK not popping up when js sets the focus in a text field.

I'll agree that fixing this would be enough for me to get by with.

I've played around with this a bit more, and it seems that the OSK fails to appear only if you try to activate it before the user has interacted with the WebView. While this is a problem in general, I escape as I only want the OSK for an inner page of the application.

So I've added a dummy text input to my HTML to act as my focus trigger. It doesn't work with display: none, but I can make it a pixel big and toss it somewhere out of the way. (If I make it zero pixels in size, the web process crashes.) But -- pressing OSK buttons while this has focus doesn't seem to generate any key events, either for the document in general or for the input specifically! Is this a known problem? Is there a work around? Or is there a different set of events to which I should be listening?

Thanks,
Robert