Re: Landing team 26.03.14

On 26/03/14 17:51, Didier Roche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Only one image today (#262), some progress on the blockers, but still
> some discussions around what should block or not the image promotion. A
> lot of work is still flowing up in Touch meanwhile (if not blocked by
> beta freeze).
>
> #262:
> - new click to fix the "can't launch click application" that was
> discussed some days ago on the ML.
> - new sdk refresh to includes all Qt5 functionality (like the
> positioning plugin one)
> - other minor changes like langpack refresh
>
> Both #261 and #262 (after some rerun for flaky tests) are passing all AP
> tests at 100%. However some Unity8 crashes are still present in addition
> to new dialer-app (a new form of it) and telephony-service-indicator.
>

> * On the promotion blocker list, here is where we currently stands at:
> ** gallery shows blank dates and photos (Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gallery-app/+bug/1296634
> -> Fix is released and will be in #263
>
> ** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event look stopping when the device is
> suspend) (Saviq)
> Discussion is happening right now on the ML on the best way to work on
> that. Was set as a blocker while whitelisted on the previous promotion
> blocker.
>
> ** Contact apps are not shown after showing up (Bill).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/address-book-app/+bug/1295725
> -> Fix is released and will be in #263
>
> ** Numerous new telepathy-service-indicator crashes (Bill)
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/262:20140326:20140304/7386/dialer_app/
> (and on other tests)
> -> the work is ongoing on those crashes.
>

> * Issues to look at (not on promotion blocker as missing info):
>
> ** Unity8 crasher while navigating new scopes (expanding categories)
> (Saviq)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297240
> -> Seems upstream can't reproduce the crash. We'll see if it gets
> popular or not. Hard to get a real reproducer than "play with the
> scopes, expands/close category". Any steps to reproduce the crash
> reliably would be awesome.
>
> ** Crasher in mediaplayer-app when the video finishes followed by an
> unity8 crash (Bill/Saviq)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediaplayer-app/+bug/1297395
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297410
> Dave is going to try to reproduce that in the last promoted image (and
> so, if blocker or not)

This is still happening for me on R262, I'll be reflashing my device to
250 to confirm it doesn't occur there.

> * Issues not impacting on the user experience or whitelisted by QA as
> not a promotion blocker
>
> ** Scopes scroll down till header goes seems to lock the scope in place
> (Saviq)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297770
> -> upstream is noting that the header will be completely rewritten and
> there is a manual workaround, so the user isn't stuck. I'll let QA
> confirming on this mailing list that it's not a promotion blocker as
> stated on IRC (but will need to be checked when the header is going to
> be reimplemented).

As discussed this is not a blocker as there is a complete rewrite on the
way I would rather them throw extra devs there and get that landed.
However we kept the bug around to confirm there is a fix in place once
the new header lands.

> ** If I install an app it still shows in Available section (Pawel)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297770
> -> needs QA to say if it's a blocker or not.

No not a blocker just confusing and a fix is en route I believe.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com