- other webbrowser app changes to prepare for the oxide switch

-> we couldn't get test results on that one as powerd did prevent the screen unlocking to happen. We timely reverted (once identified) and got a powerd fix that entered the next image. The screen unlock only impact the tests (as it's unlocking from a terminal, which was what the policykit profile denied). We asked to add that script into upstream's test plan for delivering next powerd.

Dogfooding showed similar results than previously, meaning that a lot of crashers and nothing else apart from the known blockers.

#266:
- got the powerd fix
- system-settings got the click update integration into their update UI
- indicator-power change to be compatible with this new powerd
- other changes from the platform (glib, dconf, theme…)

-> tests are currently running. We can already confirm that the screen is unlocking during the tests. :)

* On the promotion blocker list, here is where we currently stands at:
** gallery shows blank dates and photos (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gallery-app/+bug/1296634
-> the debian package is landing, we need a click package release then.

** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event look stopping when the device is suspend) (Saviq) Discussion is happening and work is ongoing while discussing with upstream. Was set as a blocker while whitelisted on the previous promotion blocker.

** Numerous new telephony-service-indicator crashes (Bill)
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/262:20140326:20140304/7386/dialer_app/ (and on other tests)
-> Some fixes are landing as we speak.

** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Saviq/Thomas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297240 (Saviq)
-> Upstream is able to reproduce some now and some fix is under way.
It seems as well that any application crashing can make Unity8 and other services crashing. For this chain of issues, Dave opened: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner2/+bug/1298931 (Thomas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner/+bug/1298950 (Thomas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1298952 (Saviq)
-> seems as well the mediaplayer crash is back… but Dave will expand.

* Issues not impacting on the user experience or whitelisted by QA as not a promotion blocker:

QA is going to track the previously whitelisted ones (removed from the list).

** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900
-> seems to only impact on tests, when the application isn't started by upstart.

On a finale note on the CI status:
Some people would have noticed that the CI Train jenkins got killed multiple times by the OOM. The machine went high on memory as jobs were piling up (the archive had a lot of builds and powerpc was taking time to catch up, as more jobs running there) and 1 GB wasn't enough. As we can't add more RAM dynamically on this machine, after the 4th outage within 2 hours, we decided to add as a band-aid some swap file to it. It was a coincidence that the discussion on finishing the move to prodstack (with more memory) happened some hours before the outage… (and the move should hopefully happen next week).

The outage was mostly transparent to most users: we rerun the jobs and reconciliate the status ourselves. Hower, it chained to an out of disk space issue as a consequence. As most of the jobs were just monitoring launchpad PPA builders, no time was lost apart from few jobs which needed to be built with new content which were delayed in their build or landing.

Due to the builders catching up and the high number of requests (and some being in a silo without movement for days), we had to play with the silo assignment strategy, getting no buffer at some point and flushing duplicates. Thanks to that, all requests are now fulfilled!

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups