Re: Ubuntu Open Week - Volunteer Needed!

Hello José,

On 20.03.2014 09:57, José Antonio Rey wrote:
The Ubuntu Classroom team has started organizing Open Week
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek>, a series of online classes to
welcome newcomers to the Community who want to get involved. We
basically have different people from various teams explain what they do
on their team, and how can people get started to contribute / get set up
to start contributing.

For this time, I would like to have someone from the Ubuntu Touch team,
so we can have people interested contribute. The event will run from the
22nd to the 24th April, from 15 to 20 UTC each day. The schedule can be
checked on the link I gave earlier, and all slots that are blank are not
taken yet.

If you are interested in running a session, please send me an email to
jose@xxxxxxxxxx, or ping me on IRC (#ubuntu-classroom-backstage on
irc.freenode.net, my nick is jose). If you know someone on this team or
other teams who may be interested in running a session, please make sure
to let them know the event is ocurring.

great idea!

This is going to be a great opportunity to show new contributors how to

 - use the emulator
 - help with testing
 - understanding how Ubuntu for phones/tablets is put together
 - help fixing small bugs

Are we going to have a few sessions at UOW about this? There are still open slots up for grabs.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! http://packaging.ubuntu.com