Re: Deploy QMake (*.pro) C++/QML project?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM, José Expósito <jose.exposito89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does someone know if it is possible to generate a click package just by preparing an output directory like that? I have checked the click command help but it is not very extensive... Does someone know where could I get more information?

As I understand it (not well at all), the 'click build' command just takes the contents of a directory you specify and wraps everything up in the correct packaging. As long as you have a manifest.json file in that directory, everything should be fine.

When I wrote Beru, I ended up writing my own script to generate the click packages. It copies all the files that are needed into a temporary directory and then runs 'click build' on that. (It also tar-and-feathers the directory for my future reference, but that's extraneous. And it does everything twice, since I build two different versions each time, because reasons.) Here's the code, if you're interested: https://github.com/rschroll/beru/blob/master/makeclick.sh

I make no claim that this is an intelligent way to do things, but it's worked so far.

Robert