Re: [Canonical-ci-engineering] Mako testing grinding to a halt with image 274

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 03.04.2014, 09:39 +0100 schrieb Alan Pope:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Paul Larson <paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This is now reproducible for me using a simple script like:
> > for i in `seq 1 1000`; do
> >     echo "LOOP $i"
> >     adb reboot
> >     adb wait-for-device
> >     sleep 10
> > done

i was able to reproduce it with that script too now, my device hangs
after 62 loops.

> After seeing Francis' mail last night I started a similar script
> myself on mako running #274. The only difference between yours and
> mine is I set the sleep to 2 minutes between reboots.
>
> When I came down this morning it had locked up after 13 reboot loops.
> It was stuck at the Google logo. I couldn't adb shell in, and indeed
> can't see a device via adb devices. I tried removing the usb cable and
> re-inserting and still can't see it via adb. I then held down the
> power button to shut it down and then again to power up. It's now at
> first power up after being wedged, and I'll get any/all logs off it
> that I can.
In our boot process there is a small gap where adbd will not be started
(if the initrd fails you get an emergency adb shell, after the container
is up adb is started regulary ... for the gap between leaving the initrd
and starting the container (i.e. starting an adb shell if the container
does not start)  there is a fix that landed in 275)

i captured the /proc/last_kmgs via recovery from the device right
after ...
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7197815/
(after 977 seconds i pressed the power button) ...

It looks like run-init (the binary that switches from the initrd root to
the rootfs)
is hanging ...  which is very confusing as we had no changes in the
initrd area since the last android package build, which was on the 31st
and should have affected us since image 269 already...

ciao
	oli