Re: [Canonical-ci-engineering] Mako testing grinding to a halt with image 274

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Paul Larson <paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is now reproducible for me using a simple script like:
> for i in `seq 1 1000`; do
>     echo "LOOP $i"
>     adb reboot
>     adb wait-for-device
>     sleep 10
> done

After seeing Francis' mail last night I started a similar script
myself on mako running #274. The only difference between yours and
mine is I set the sleep to 2 minutes between reboots.

When I came down this morning it had locked up after 13 reboot loops.
It was stuck at the Google logo. I couldn't adb shell in, and indeed
can't see a device via adb devices. I tried removing the usb cable and
re-inserting and still can't see it via adb. I then held down the
power button to shut it down and then again to power up. It's now at
first power up after being wedged, and I'll get any/all logs off it
that I can.

Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy