Re: Landing team 07.04.14

On 04/07/2014 11:03 AM, Didier Roche wrote:

> New blockers from today/this week-end:
> ** Grooveshark playback has stopped functioning (Jamie)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1301341

This is in progress. There is a build flag in the chromium content api to turn
on things like h264 and mp3.

The solution is either:
1. to do with oxide what we do with chromium-browser and build twice: once with
   ENABLE_PROPRIETARY_CODECS=0 and once with ENABLE_PROPRIETARY_CODECS=1, then
   ship two conflicting codecs packages where either satifies an oxide Depends
2. just build with ENABLE_PROPRIETARY_CODECS=1

We think we need to do option '1' for the historical reasons of why we don't
ship mp3 support by default. Oxide is in main now (cause of webapp-container)
and so we would need to ship the non-proprietary oxide codecs on the CD and then
have ubuntu-restricted-addons pull in the proprietary ones. I guess the seed for
touch would also have to be adjusted to pull it in by default there too.