Landing team 08.04.14

Hey,

Summary of the day: an image built since yesterday evening and another one on the way. We spotted some regressions that were kicked off. Few progress on blockers though.

#281:
- fix for keyboard delete acceleration as well as laggy keyboard sound
- reviews are added to apps scope previews
- more webapps fixes
- changes in tabbar in the sdk (impacting unity8 as well). This created an issue though and is reverted (see below)
- ensure that env variables through dash as exported

-> Tests results shows the expected unity8 failure (as unity8 wasn't released) and known crashers. However, we had one flaky sudoku app test that we couldn't reproduce and multiples reliable gallery app failures on the dashboard. We found the new sdk version being the cause of those. A revert of both sdk + unity8 (only one commit to support latest sdk) was proceeded to go back to green. This will be part of the next image we are about to kick.

Dogfooding didn't report more issues. However, it seems the lagginess that was discussed in this mailing seems to be due to some memory leaks in location-service (Ricardo and Alan are looking at it). It's reported on https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1304362.

* On the blocker list:
** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is suspend) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
See progress on bug report
-> QA told that they only will make that decision once we won't have not any blocker left on the list.

** Scopes grey out and are unresponsive (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300326
-> It happens on swiping the welcome screen and swiping apps to close them

** Dead area at bottom when scrolling in scopes (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1300302
-> Sometimes in the click scope the applications will shrink to 3 1/3 lines instead of 4 and other time it will shrink to 1 this is a user facing issue but is easily fixed by scrolling up.

** Grooveshark playback has stopped functioning (Jamie)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1301341
-> Jamie told that Chris is working on it with a double build system.

** When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only one app remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start (Kevin)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
-> it has been retargeted to unity-mir

** New scopes ignore privacy/security settings (Thomas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-scopes-api/+bug/1302801
-> Thomas mentioned a fix is currently building in a silo, we can hope for the fix to be release soon.

** New dialer-app flaky test (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dialer-app/+bug/1303681
-> Discussion on the mailing list, Bill requested some help from QA.

** New unity8 AP test constantly failing (Saviq)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1303685
-> The fix will be in next unity8 landing

* Issues not impacting on the user experience or whitelisted by QA as not a promotion blocker: ** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900
-> Boiko has a branch for it which needs to be released once ready.

** Multiple crashes on images since the scope transition (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256360
The other crashers are not reproducible anymore. However, we still have the systematic unity8 on stop crasher everytime you run the autopilot unity8 test suite. Being worked with a potential fix in mind.
-> QA decided to whitelist that one.
-> The crash fix will be in next Mir landing

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups