Re: Landing process, restoring "trunk" for development

Hey Renato,

Le 08/04/2014 17:31, Renato Filho a écrit :

Working is several different branches causes a lot of work. During
these last days at some point I had more then 15 branches pending to
merge (due the releasing block).
Are we in releasing block mode? I'm not aware if we do right now.
I'm not aware of any as of today (my emails seem to mentioned last one was the 15/01/14 for the record). Since then, we hold some components for hte Qt 5.2 transition 4 weeks ago (that was a week for components that were part of the 5.2 transitions as they had the lock).

So you should be talking about a self-imposed team practice, right?

My suggestion is have ppa with packages from trunk, and if we ant to
release some specific we can cherry pick the commits.
This was called… daily-release and then the landing spreadsheet with manual mode that we had until december. What's your suggestion to not fall back to the same traps and issues (trunks not being releasable for days… features needing a change in A or B, but one of them can't be released, or pulling another C as a consequence… some upstreams throwing code over the wall and not caring about their releasable states)?

Didier