Re: Landing team 11.04.14

hi,
Am Freitag, den 11.04.2014, 18:21 +0200 schrieb Didier Roche:

> However, we detected some weird crash of ubuntu-system-settings during
> the unity8 AP tests. u-s-s is started when it's not supposed to.
> Digging further, we found it was the push client (when notifications
> are clicked) which tried to start it. This wasn't supposed to happen.
> While upstream is fixing those, we removed the push client from the
> image (will be in effect in #289).
sadly the libc change in 289 exposed a bug in the android audio layer
that made pulse crash, the tireless ricardo fixed it in no time with a
new android package upload. this was fixed in 290

> **  When using multiple webapps they crash randomly, if there is only
> one app remaining, this one starts being replaced when new ones start
> (Jamie, David, Thomas)
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1303676
> -> the oxide part is fixed. However, there is still some work needed
> to have it fully fixed from an user perspective.
> Webapps will have 50% of the fix. We expect to have some cgroup work
> as well from Ted.

one part of this bug was properly fixed (webapp-container now only loads
the libs for the respective framework an app  uses and not both of them)
and for the other half we found a usable workaround in
upstart-app-lauch.(thanks ted !)  both landed in 290 as well.

from image 292 on the ubuntu-location-service should finally start
again.

ciao
	oli