Re: Landing team 23.04.14

Hello!

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458
> -> seems upstream won't be able to fix it soon.

I've spent a lot of time trying to reproduce this, leaving my phone for a
couple of nights running the tests in a cycle. I can't reproduce this,
every time I put a breakpoint to be able to inspect the status of the app,
all the tests pass.

I have a couple of theories of what's going on. It could be that the app or
the header become unresponsive and thus the clicks do nothing. Or it could
be that a notification or something like that blocks the header so the
click ends up in the wrong window. But instead of spending more time
debugging, it would be better to invest on a fix for cases like this. What
we need is to be able to see the screen at the time of the error, with a
screenshot at least, and ideally capturing a video of the whole run.

The screenshot is doable now, and Thomi set a high priority for it.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot/+bug/1308762
The problem with the recorded video is that we can't store all the videos
on the device because it will run out of space, so we need to send them to
the jenkins server. Thomi said that this is doable with subunit, but will
require some more work, so I'm happy with the screenshot for the moment.

** Autopilot test flakyness in test_add_photo (Julien, Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1304950
> -> opened 2 weeks ago and stroke back on #297.

I also spent many hours trying to reproduce this one, with a little more
luck than the other, but it's still weird. The main problem here is that
the test_add_photo is too big, it does a lot of things, and thus it has a
big potential for instabilities. I tried to find a quick hack, but found
that it would just make things worst. Chris Gagnon has started to refactor
and clean up the gallery tests, which sounds like a better idea.

pura vida.