questions about field navigation with Ubuntu Touch on desktop/phone

Within a multi-tab application, I have some tabs with a number of
label/textentry pairs.

On the desktop ubuntu touch, in order to navigate from one textentry to
another textentry, I have to click to the next textentry field.

On the phone with ubuntu touch, in order to navigate from one textentry
to another textentry, I have to touch the next textentry field.

Is there an api for setting the field navigation order when the user
presses the shift/tabulation key on the keyboard to navigate
backward/forward across the different gui fields in one page?

Is there an api for setting the field navigation order for Ubuntu Touch
phone?  Is there a way to navigate backward across fields using the
default ubuntu touch phone's on-screen-keyboard(i.e. shift+return)?
What if a field is not a textentry? How are we expected to navigate
through the fields?  Is a touch action is the only way?

Is there an api for associating keyboard accelerators to different
buttons in Ubuntu Touch Desktop?

Thank you in advance

Follow ups