Re: questions about field navigation with Ubuntu Touch on desktop/phone

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM, David Marceau <uticdmarceau2007@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Is there an api for setting the field navigation order for Ubuntu Touch
> phone?  Is there a way to navigate backward across fields using the
> default ubuntu touch phone's on-screen-keyboard(i.e. shift+return)?
> What if a field is not a textentry? How are we expected to navigate
> through the fields?  Is a touch action is the only way?

There is none yet, however we have plans to introduce that feature in SDK.
When that will land, Tab/Shift+Tab will navigate between components in the
order those are listed in their parent's children list. Till that lands,
you can use the navigation methods Michal just gave you.

> Is there an api for associating keyboard accelerators to different
> buttons in Ubuntu Touch Desktop?

Not yet, plans exist for that as well.

Cheers,
Zsombor