Core Apps update 2014-04-25

A short post-release week left us with slightly less activity than
earlier weeks. David took this opportunity to fix the build setup for
some apps. We updated all the apps in the store, which helped us
thoroughly test the changes made as we went through that process.

== Reminders ==

* In order to get all the applications consistently building in the CI
infrastructure, from within the SDK (qtCreator) and from the command
line with click-buddy, David Planella implemented some changes to the
build setup this week. Updates to the build setup are in the README.
Thanks David!
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1301630 - Add content to the README file
* Nicholas Skaggs also spotted an inconsistency in the app naming
causing autopilot test launch to fail. Thanks Nick!
  https://code.launchpad.net/~nskaggs/reminders-app/fix-click-launch/+merge/217267
* Jason fixed an issue causing Reminders not to launch on the desktop.
Thanks Jason.
  https://code.launchpad.net/~gerlowskija/reminders-app/app-dir-standard-path/+merge/217262

== Music ==

* Andrew has spent a lot of time with Jim Hodapp on helping test the
new media-hub packages which should be landing in a new image soon.
* As part of desktop testing we discovered a missing dependency on
mediascanner which was promptly fixed.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1312684 - [desktop] Music should
install and run automatically mediascanner when installing/run

== Calendar ==

* Kunal has been refactoring event indicator and month view.
  https://code.launchpad.net/~pkunal-parmar/ubuntu-calendar-app/Refactoring/+merge/217326
* Bartosz Kosiorek implemented a "Quick entry" for adding events in
calendar. Thanks Bartosz!
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1294684 - Quick entry needed to add
a new event
* Bug fixes
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1303359 - Text in "New Event" is
very hard to see on Desktop
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311167 - no feedback when events are loading
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1312480 - Calendar app from trunk
installed on the phone seems to run in wide mode

== RSS Reader ==

* Many thanks to Leo Arias who cleaned up some tests in Shorts!
  https://code.launchpad.net/~elopio/ubuntu-rssreader-app/cleanup_tests-remove_feed/+merge/216927

== File Manager ==

* David has been working hard to fix up the build setup for File
Manager too, as he did with Reminders also.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1294301 - Cmake generated click doesn't work
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1308280 - Can't build with phablet-tools
  https://code.launchpad.net/~dpm/ubuntu-filemanager-app/update-readme/+merge/217183

--