Carrier Customized APN Database

Hi guys,

One bit of customization that we have yet to implement is allowing carriers
to have custom APNs setup on the device.  I understand that we're moving
towards using the Android DB for this, which would allow for OEM
customization, but there's no easy way for a carrier to add their own APNs
this way.

The use case for a carrier wanting their own APN database could be having a
special app that they want to allow zero-tariff data usage for (e.g. their
usage app, or maybe they have a deal with some site/app that all data used
is free for their customers).

The one restriction we would have is that any file/db would have to live in
/custom.  Is this doable?

Thanks
Chris

Follow ups