Landing team 30.04.14

Hello everyone!

No promotions happening today. Even thought the images are in overall
good quality-wise (as already mentioned in Selene's follow up e-mail),
there are a few issues that we would like getting fixed before promoting
a new image.

The most irritating bug that has been discovered recently is LP:
#1307981 [1]. The bug seemed to be present even in the old trusty
images, but with our switch to utopic it seems to be happening way more
often and leading to some frustration. It is currently being
investigated, but be prepared for some networking issues from time to
time. We have some ideas but nothing solid as for now.

The other problem are flaky autopilot tests. In the last few images we
noticed an increasing number of those - we encounter a lot of tests
failing constantly with each image on the smoketesting infrastructure.
There seem to be some problems with clock_app and shorts_app, with the
additional usual dialer_app test failures. All issues have bugs
submitted upstream as per the list below.

>From other, more joyful topics: today we have built image #5 which
includes a new unity8, ubuntu-download-manager, webbrowser-app and
others. Please enjoy it from the utopic-proposed channel.

After building image no #5, we landed a big feature - media-hub. The
packages are still migrating to the archive, but once that happens we
intend to kick a new image to separate this from other big landings we
have prepared. After that happens, we plan to finally publish the Mir
Qt-event loop fix. This way we'll have separate images for big features.

Since a new cycle started lately, we will slowly start considering other
than just mako platforms (like flo or manta) during our
promotion-decisions. But for that to happen, we would need to have a
clean testing dashboard for mako first. This means we need all the flaky
autopilot tests on mako fixed and having a green-able image. Let's work
on this to happen!

As for tomorrow: most of the people from EU have holidays that day,
which basically means most of our landing team will be off. Only some
core-devs will be available in the UTC morning - but no worries, as in
the UTC evening (US morning) Robert Park and Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre
will be there for your convenience. Robert will be also your
landing-team-message host for that day :)

Anyway, have a nice day and hear you soon!

* Serious issues:

** Music/Calendar bug (Qt event loop stopping when the device is
suspend) (Kevin)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
(landing may be ready for release even today!)

** New scopes performance needs to be improved (Kevin for unity8 and
Thomas for unity-scopes-shell)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1297197

** Networking problems related to double-default-routes
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1307981

* Currently heavily-affecting autopilot test failures:
(These can become blockers if not fixed soon!)

** https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1314531

** https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1314533

** https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1307588

* Issues not impacting on the user experience:

** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1297900

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458

** Autopilot test flakyness in test_add_photo (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1304950

Best regards,

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1307981

--