Re: Landing Team 01.05.14

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Selene Scriven
<selene.scriven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   - If the keyboard is onscreen, the launcher slides in under it
>     instead of on top.  Not sure how new this is, but I don't
>     recall noticing it before.

Been around forever.

http://pad.lv/1090358

http://pad.lv/1309057

> Old issues still present:
>   - Wired headset buttons do nothing, and poor support for wired
>     headsets in general.  Bugs 1309734, 1309731, 1309727,
>     1292420.

FWIW I had my wired headphones in listening to music most of yesterday
with image #7. Massive improvement over previous images. Night and
day.

> Misc:
>
>   - It's no longer possible to play a song both in the music app
>     and in the music scope preview at the same time.  Not really
>     a bug, but I see no reason not to allow this if the user
>     wants to do it for some reason.

That's a feature!

One app pausing when another plays is desired behaviour.

If the user wants to listen to two things at once they should buy a
second phone ;)

(although I can see a corner use case where you can pan apps left and
right, one app plays through the left channel, another app through the
right - it would keep my kids quiet in the back of the car when they
share a set of headphones!)

Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy