Re: Landing Team 01.05.14

* Robert Park <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, with a plan to have an easy day of small landings, so far
> I've landed:
>
> * usensord supporting new vibration modes
> * gsettings-qt and unity-scopes-shell bugfixes
> * gallery-app bugfixes
>
> Those should appear in image #8 later today.

Image 8 results...  at least one major bug is fixed, but a few
new ones showed up.

Recently-fixed issues:

  - http://pad.lv/1292306 - Qt event loop bug, interferes with
    music and alarms and such. (blocker)

New bugs found:

  - Installing an app without a U1 account configured no longer
    works.  This is a regression.  Tap the app, tap install, tap
    "go to accounts" to configure a U1 account, and then...
    nothing.  Back to the app preview.  However, the install
    works after configuring a U1 account through a different
    route.

  - "Dialer app -> call log -> save contact -> create new"
    doesn't work any more.  This is also a regression.  It seems
    the user must manually add a new contact and re-enter the
    number.  To make this worse, there's an old bug preventing
    the user from manually adding contacts from the dialer app.
    http://pad.lv/1308371

  - If the keyboard is onscreen, the launcher slides in under it
    instead of on top.  Not sure how new this is, but I don't
    recall noticing it before.

  - Clock app takes ~30 seconds to load/display existing alarms,
    and crashes when I tap an alarm on its list.

Old issues still present:

  - http://pad.lv/1306499 - Sound indicator is very laggy during
    playback.  (probably important)

  - http://pad.lv/1288332 - can't disable auto-rotate or make it
    less sensitive

  - http://pad.lv/1314518 - App scope searches only display two
    items.

  - http://pad.lv/1308365 - Press-call-twice-to-redial doesn't
    work.

  - http://pad.lv/1290201 - vibration feedback audible during
    calls

  - http://pad.lv/1288552 - indicator menus cancel current scope
    activity (phone only, not on tablet)

  - The "bottom menu -> quit" function does nothing in half our
    apps.  Not new, but still annoying.

  - Wired headset buttons do nothing, and poor support for wired
    headsets in general.  Bugs 1309734, 1309731, 1309727,
    1292420.

  - In scope search results, the bottom is hidden by the keyboard
    and can't be accessed by scrolling.

  - http://pad.lv/1248973 - Location and GPS box don't stay
    checked.

  - http://pad.lv/1287736 - Account settings app behaves
    strangely on both open and close.

  - http://pad.lv/1307235 - gallery app is useless for comics
    (needs a way to sort ascibetically, organize by directory)

  - http://pad.lv/1283236 - alarms are triggered in UTC (ish)
    despite being saved in local time (and this means you can't
    set an alarm between midnight and your UTC offset in the
    western hemisphere)

  - The scope background image is hardcoded.

Misc:

  - It's no longer possible to play a song both in the music app
    and in the music scope preview at the same time.  Not really
    a bug, but I see no reason not to allow this if the user
    wants to do it for some reason.

-- Selene