Landing team 14.05.14

Hi everyone,

So! We promoted image #28 today! After getting word about cellular being
broken in #26, we realized that the problem was in a now 'required'
package missing from the image. After adding it to the seed we built,
tested and promoted #28 o/ Enjoy.

What does #28 have to offer?
- New unity8 with increased performance of scopes
- Multithreaded word-prediction and tweaked haptic feedback for the OSK
- New Ubuntu UI Toolkit with improvements and fixes
- All necessary elements for 'flight mode' (no UI for that though)

Some of the problems outlined below have been fixed and therefore got
removed from our list.

In the going-green front - we're slowly getting better in this regard.
The number of failures in clock app decreased heavily, leaving 1 failure
to be fixed. Sadly, a new failure appeared in dialer-app - but it is now
being looked at by Bill's team.

We might think about putting a bit more pressure now on getting mako
green in smoketesting. So please ready yourself for a lot of pings
related to failing autopilot tests! Also, please try to prioritize a bit
more autopilot test failures as well - in the end, it are these tests
that make sure everything works as expected.

* Known issues:
** indicator-message is not always showing new message notifications (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telephony-service/+bug/1318724

* Issues not impacting user experience:
** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
The idea is to first land:
https://code.launchpad.net/~gerboland/unity-mir/fix-upstart-closed-apps2
Then, landing;
https://code.launchpad.net/~boiko/dialer-app/autopilot_upstart <- this
is still under progress
 -> Still waiting for this to move forward o/

** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1314533
 -> Partially fixed! We went down to 1 failure - seems to be another
UITK regression, being looked and coordinated

** Weather-app constant flakyness
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-weather-app/+bug/1318676

** Gallery app test failure (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1318596

** RSS Reader test failures
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1318700

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Rare flakyness still encountered - very rare, but leaving this on
the list just in case

Let's get it green again! See you tomorrow.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx