Re: Renaming the Ubuntu system.img to avoid confusion?

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The other ongoing plan is to get rid of loop-mounting image files, and
> instead have them on separate partitions.
> Such that "ubuntu.img" is actually just a normal, e.g. GPT partition
> with a label UBUNTU, and /var/lib/lxc/android/system.img is also a
> normal partition.

That will indeed make sense on devices where we have full control over
partitioning.
Luckily this small change is orthogonal to that :)

 I do agree that mounting a system.img from a system.img file can get
> rather confusing, very fast. And it did give me a very "Huh?!" moment
> first time I've discovered this for myself.

It gave multiple huh? moments on several occasion to all people I know that
had to interact with this part of the development :)