Re: Identifying memory issues, #2

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 04.06.2014, 11:07 -0700 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> Hi Colin,
>
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 06:44:08PM +0100, Colin Ian King wrote:
>
> > I suggest trying out smemstat which is my in my PPA: ppa:colin-king/white
>
> > see: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~cking/smemstat/
>
> > one can run this with a suitable delay and capture any memory changes
> > over a specified number of iterations.  The data can be also output to a
> > JSON formatted file for later processing and analysis.
>
> Are you targeting smemstat for inclusion in Ubuntu for utopic?  Should we
> consider including smemstat in the phone images, so that we have it to hand
> for debugging when we need it?

we discussed these tools at the sprint and I took a TODO home with me to
implement proper script wrappers around these tools in the phablet-tools
suite (i.e. resulting in phablet-memtest, phablet-powertest etc) so we
can have properly comparable reports from a combination of pre defined
test runs ... eventually these tools will then be integrated in the
smoke testing suite. I will announce it here once we have something
usable ....

ciao
	oli