Landing team 05.06.14

Hello everyone!

Still no promotions and still more firefighting. This means we are
officially entering TRAINCON-0 again meaning: no more blind landings
happening until we're back to normal.

TRAINCON-0 might be a good thing in overall as we have been trying to
recover from some other mischiefs happening, causing many many failures
in smoketesting. One of the culprits was the full-landing of the
ubuntu-app-launch rename that happened overnight. This seemed to have
caused some chaos in autopilot testing as the landing was missing
updates to the autopilot-legacy package (for python2 bindings). Some of
the issues were also caused by click app confinement problems, as well
as newly introduced unity8 problems due to new greeter modifications.
This all has caused us and many brave developers to spend a lot of time
firefighting and bringing the image back to shape.
There was also a premature Mir landing happening during the night which
had a FTBFS on arm64. This landing is stuck in -proposed and currently
made invalid - a proper rebuild is happening in a silo. We will block
this landing until we're back from TRAINCON-0 though.

The last image built today was #68. We had high hopes for this image as
it included some of the fixes we were working on, but from the start of
the tests we already see that there are still some problems surfacing.
We will do our best to get back to our previous image quality, but we
would appreciate help from upstream developers!

A notice to upstream landers:
Since we're in TRAINCON-0, remember that when you want to land a feature
or a big bug-fix, you will now require QA sign-off before proceeding. We
have asked the QA team to help us out with this, so please look for Omer
(om26er) on IRC whenever you need QA sign-off.

Another short note: I will be gone tomorrow and will be back with you on
Monday. Timo (Mirv) will take care of EU coverage on Friday, with Robert
(robru) as your e-mail summary person. See you next week!

* Links to auto-generated commit-logs of recent images:
(Host might change in the nearest time)
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/65.commitlog
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/66.commitlog
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/67.commitlog
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/68.commitlog

* Link to the smoketesting board:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList

* Known issues:

** webapp-container leaks memory over time on #64 (can be potentially a
problem in other places as well)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1326378
 -> From latest information it doesn't seem to be easily reproducible,
might not be a blocker until identified better. Many people could not
reproduce.

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Camera-app might be rewritten soon

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
[Time counter: 2/7]
 -> Possible bug identified, looking for someone who could dig into
deeper and propose a fix

** Failing ubuntu-system-settings *tz* tests
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1319711
[Time counter: 2/7]
 -> Earlier identified as flaky, not reproducible locally, but happens
more frequently on smoketesting recently

** Gallery-app AP failures due to app-confinement
 -> No bug for this for now, it's being identified by Ted

** Unity8 AP failures
 -> No bug yet, but

Cheers!

--