Landing team 12.06.14

Hi everyone,

We have an image promoted! As announced yesterday we had a few
candidates on our horizon, and in the end we decided to promote #79 to
the stable channel. This image still has the split greeter in it, but
includes changes such as Unity 8 improvements, new Mir, fixed HW alarms
and many many more. During testing we noticed an issue with ringtones
[1], but it happens on a relatively rare use-case currently - and
besides, it was also already present in at least our previously promoted
image.

Smoketesting-wise image #79 was actually really good. We even achieved
the same failure-count as we had in our last promoted image - let's keep
up the good work! Not sure if this was just plain luck (since many of
the failures are unreliable and don't happen every time), but we'll know
more during the next image test-runs.

Today we had another big landing happening: platform-api v2 (which
should be available in #80). It was a request involving many many
components and even though it was thoroughly tested by both landers and
the QA team, there is still some risk involved - so keep your eyes open.
The next big thing on the radar: the split greeter revert.

Now time for some bad news: we have a promotion blocker for our next
images. One of the test failures exceeded its toleration time period
(the filemanager failures) and due to our new rules it becomes a
promotion blocker - as long as these won't go away we will not promote a
new image. We would kindly ask the upstream developers for filemanager
to help out the autopilot QA team and work on getting this fixed ASAP.
Thanks!

Our standard list:

* Package changes:
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/79.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/78.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#79 Mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/79:20140612:20140530/8533/
#78 Mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/78:20140611.1:20140530/8530/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Known issues:

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Camera-app might be rewritten soon

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** File manager test problems (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1235060
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1256856
[PROMOTION BLOCKER] [Time counter: 7/7]
 -> Please try getting those fixed as we won't be able to promote
otherwise. We kindly ask the filemanager developers to help out as much
as they can

** Failing ubuntu-system-settings *tz* tests
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1329245
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1329248
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1329249
[Time counter: 1/7]
 -> New issue, previous one has been resolved - new bugs are being
worked on already. Branch ready for all of them

** Address-book-app autopilot failures (Julien, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/address-book-app/+bug/1328158
[Time counter: 4/7]
 -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
autopilot problem. Still no movement here - can we get someone looking
at this?

** Autopilot failures in webbrowser-app during smoketesting runs since
image #72 (Julien, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328605
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328867
[Time counter 3/7]
 -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
autopilot problem. With each image a different test is failing... Didn't
happen today, maybe it's gone?

** test_add_recurring_type_alarm_must_add_to_alarm_list(weekday) failed
on mako, utopic#75 (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1328209
[Time counter 3/7]
 -> Leo has this on his radar - not reproducible locally

** test_fake_home_fixture_must_copy_xauthority fails to create file on
mako (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1326072
[Time counter 1/7]
 -> Fix commited, waiting for release in a silo. The silo still requires
some love regarding other things inside. Counting time on this one as
the silo is hanging for too long...

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 3/7]
 -> As updated by Antti, this is a troublesome crash - but being worked
on. Let's hope there will be some updates on this soon

Thank you!

Best regards,

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telephony-service/+bug/1329351

--