Re: Landing team 17.06.14

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak [2014-06-17 19:49 +0200]:
> and messaging-app. This image also doesn't use the desktop translation
> files anymore - this means there might potentially be some applications
> that are be missing translations (like, for instance, the dialer-app).

For the record, replacing the desktop with the touch language packs
should not have any visible effect, as the touch langpacks were built
based on the touch seeds/germination. We do blacklist a few packages
which aren't user-visible to trim their size (by over a half), things
like libgexif, bash, cups, and so on.

dialer-app was a "kwown intermediate regression" as it got uploaded
with X-Ubuntu-Use-Langpack: and thus got its translations stripped
from the .deb. It just takes a few days for the import into LP and the
re-export into langpacks to happen. This will be the same for the
other ~ 20 projects (see the other thread), but with dialer-app it was
shown that the plumbing of translations works.

Thanks,

Martin