Re: Landing team 20.06.14

On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 09:55 -0700, Robert Park wrote:

> * UAL is crashing due to notes-app not shipping an icon. Ted and I are
> working on testing a fix for that already.

Just to clarify a bit, UAL is generating a recoverable error. It handles
it fine, is just sending up a flag that something is broken and needs to
be fixed.

I'd really love to see other packages doing this more often. If you're
handling input from a click package or other source where you can't
really provide a unit test, but you can handle the error, a recoverable
error is a great way to provide the needed information about what is
happening.

In this case we're generating an error if a Click app says that it
provides an icon, but it don't have that icon in the click package. UAL
can handle that condition, Unity8 can handle it, so it might be easy to
miss in our testing.

Don't just handle the error, report it!

Ted