Landing team 27.06.14

Hello everyone,

Bad news today. Even though all the touch teams did their best, we were
not able to get a promotable image for today. Most of the issues have
been fixed but there has been another 'blocker' regression spotted: the
scopes not being able to scan local music or video. It has been swiftly
fixed with the updated package being prepared in a silo, but we won't be
able to build and test a new image in time...

This is generally bad news as it means we are basically entering
TRAINCON-0, effective on Monday. Every TRAINCON-0 incident is a very
serious issue, so please let's do our best to get back to shape as soon
as possible.

Besides the mentioned regression there is also one additional problem
that creeped into our images - this time only autopilot related. It
seems that tests are taking additional time to execute due to dbus
timeouts happening. The problem has been already identified, but the fix
is still in the works. In the meantime we suspect that it might affect
the overall test results of our images, so those should be currently
taken with a grain of salt. Not a blocker, but still worth mentioning.

And the last news: the ringer regression is still being investigated,
but after discussion with QA we decided to exclude it from the blocker
list. Not enough is known about the problem and it seems to have been
around since longer already. We will try gathering more debugging
information and fixing it next week.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

* What landed in our images:
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/102.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/101.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/100.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/102:20140627.1:20140625/8760/
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/101:20140627:20140625/8758/
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/100:20140626.2:20140625/8751/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Known issues:

** Can't scan videos on ubuntu touch (flo, image 100)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mediascanner2/+bug/1334940
 -> Fix uploaded to a silo, should land soon in the archive

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Whitelisted for now, but still looking for the root cause

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states (Mathieu)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time. Mathieu is working on it.

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 12/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** New messaging-app and dialer-app AP failures
https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1332576
[Time counter 5/7]
 -> The upstream developers informed us that they checked the failures
and have them on the radar. They have a fix on their minds, but will
work on those once other, more pending tasks are finished

** test_get_unity_top_container failed on mako#89
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1332162
[Time counter 4/7]
 -> Fix merged in staging, still waiting for release

** Media player tests failing on mako image #96 because autopilot launch
doesn't exit until video has stopped
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mediaplayer-app/+bug/1334186
[Time counter: 4/7]
 -> No movement here

** Dbus errors when launching an application since image #96
https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot/+bug/1334676
[Time counter: 2/7]
 -> Regression coming from a different place, but autopilot behavior
anyway is strange. Fix should be in soon.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx