Landing team 30.06.14

Hello everyone,

Good news! We have finally promoted a new image! #105 is therefore the
first Qt 5.3 enabled Ubuntu Touch image in the stable channel. This
means that we are no longer in TRAINCON-0, starting now.

#105 is not perfect of course, but QA gave it a +1 from both the
dogfooding and smoketesting - there are still some issues that need to
be investigated, but its current state does not vary much from the
previously promoted images.

What does #105 offer besides Qt 5.3? The list would be very long, as the
previously promoted image was #87 (!), so almost 20 images in between...
but in a brief overview:
- New Mir = 0.3.0
- New, better orientation sensor support
- Many Unity8 fixes and enhancements
- Removal of the deprecated mediascanner1
- Re-enabled camera-app video recording
- Switch to pulseaudio
- Flight-mode UI support in system settings
- Addition of the welcome wizard, setting up your device after first
boot (also in case of an upgrade)
- Many many other improvements and features (please see commit logs for
details)

As for the remaining troublesome issues please check the list below. We
are still waiting for the fix for the DBus delays in autopilot test
launching, which is still in progress in a silo. Once this is in, we
should have a better understanding of the real autopilot test situation.
There is also one additional factor we have noticed that might have
influence on test reliability - device positioning. More about that soon.

Our standard list:

* What landed in our images:
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/105.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/104.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/103.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#105 mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/105:20140630:20140625/8793/
#104 mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/104:20140629:20140625/8777/
#103 mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/103:20140628:20140625/8765/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Known issues:

** Keyboard takes approximately 45 second to appear after the welcome
screen run
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1335917
 -> Annoying bug, but not critical

** Dialer app can nolonger switch between calls or hang up on multiple calls
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1335866
 -> Serious issue, but not considered a promotion blocker for now as it
was not tested before

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
the blocker list by QA

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states (Mathieu)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time. Mathieu is working on it.

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 13/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** New messaging-app and dialer-app AP failures
https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1332576
[Time counter 6/7]
 -> The upstream developers informed us that they checked the failures
and have them on the radar. They have a fix on their minds, but will
work on those once other, more pending tasks are finished

** test_get_unity_top_container failed on mako#89
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1332162
[Time counter 5/7]
 -> Fix merged in staging, still waiting for release

** Media player tests failing on mako image #96 because autopilot launch
doesn't exit until video has stopped
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mediaplayer-app/+bug/1334186
[Time counter: 5/7]
 -> No movement here. Looks a bit worse with the autopilot dbus delays

** Dbus errors when launching an application since image #96
https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot/+bug/1334676
[Time counter: 3/7]
 -> Regression coming from a different place, but autopilot behavior
anyway is strange. Fix should be in soon.

** Webbrowser-app multiple unreliable test failures
[Time counter: 1/7]
 -> The webbrowser tests are again failing since some images, not
reproducible locally... a big mystery

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak