Re: Wiping phone after testing

Am 02.07.2014 09:50, schrieb Martin Pitt:

Hi,
> I've heard that we have some magic with using
> /cache/recovery/ubuntu_commands. There's nothing in the wiki, just
> some allusions that it exists [2].

I'm sure an ubuntu recovery developer could shed some more light on
this (stgraber?). AFAIK, the script processing that ubuntu_commands
file is in the recovery git repo, the latest of which is probably this
one:

https://code-review.phablet.ubuntu.com/gitweb?p=aosp/platform/bootable/recovery.git;a=blob;f=system-image-upgrader;h=035625b1bc5e0b4580c85b2998d96ca8d6f11851;hb=refs/heads/phablet-4.4.1_r1

So it seems like only format, mount, unmount and update commands are
supported. Maybe you can get away with simply formatting data (see
line 147 of that script) to reset everything? Sounds like that should
reset everything to its clean state.

And it looks like you can do that without requiring a valid signature
(update requires a valid signature, and you probably don't want to
distribute the ubuntu image signing key with the SDK..). Unless the
ubuntu_commands file needs to have a valid signature that is checked
from C code, which I doubt.

Regards
Florian