Re: ANN: adb soon (June 30) to be disabled by default

On miércoles 2 de julio de 2014 03h'53:23 ART, Zoltán Balogh wrote:
On 06/23/2014 02:30 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
In efforts for a no open "ports" by default product, we are going to be disabling adb in default installs.

This should not affect current installs or people doing non data wiping (that is --wipe and --bootstrap in ubuntu-device-flash).

For people (and CI) who would still want this enabled on clean installations, all you need to do is add a --developer-mode toggle option to ubuntu-device-flash. You can do this today and it shouldn't affect current systems. This will ensure that the system has adb enabled once the switch is set.

Even though I said June 30, I'm going to be waiting for CI confirmation that there's a green light for the switch.

On the other hand, if you are an end user and want this disabled after the change lands; just run this

Would it be possible to land a change in the ubuntu-device-flash to support the single --developer-mode option without flashing, just simple turn the necessary property on?

Given that we talk to the device through adb to do stuff, the answer is no; you either do it through the UI (pending ogra) or when you flash.