Re: Programmatically unlocking Unity for testing

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 02.07.2014, 09:21 -0400 schrieb Michael Terry:
> > I helped move the logic out of phablet-tools into unity8-autopilot.  I
> > wanted to be able to change the script as split greeter landed without
> > phablet-tools caring about the implementation.  And the QA folks
> > seemed happy to have less unity8 logic in phablet-tools itself too.
>
> the big issue with that is that this means we have to have
> unity8-autopilot installed during all test suites we run in smoketesting
> now ... which means that we have different setups between testing at
> home or in the lab (testing a click package does not need the device to
> be writable for example, but for testing in the lab you need to install
> unity8-autopilot to be able to have the test run on an unlocked
> device).
>
> this feature was way better suited inside phablet-tools IMHO ...

The specific issue of whether unity8-autopilot is needed vs whether the
unlock-device script are needed are separate.  Even before I moved the
top-level code out of phablet-tools into the unlock-device script, the
phablet-tools code directly used python calls provided by unity8-autopilot.

It's not a ton of code total.  It *could* be duplicated /
moved-to-a-central package if this is a big pain point for QA.

-mt