Re: Landing team 01.07.14

On 07/01/2014 03:22 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It's really nice to start off the new month with an image promotion:
> let's welcome July with #106 entering the stable channel! Since
> smoketesting results looked really nice after the recent minor fixes in
> the testing infrastructure, we decided that it's actually worth looking
> at promotion-wise. Our brave dogfooder did some testing and found the
> image quality sufficient - so we promoted!
> Please check out commit logs to see what new features to expect from the
> new image.
>
> In the meantime we also built image #107 today, including some additions
> and fixes to location (GPS) support. Sadly, it seems that some change in
> the image introduced a rather serious regression, with all manta devices
> suffering from wake-from-suspend issues [1] - but a fix is prepared,
> waiting for review. So the next images should be good.
>
> Our issue list is getting a bit longish so I guess it's time to start
> pushing on some of the long standing ones, asking for some progress.
> Please mind your bugs and help us get the list as small as possible!
>
> From other news: one of the smaller issues now reached its time limit
> and therefore becomes a promotion blocker. Please consult the list below
> (look for [PROMOTION BLOCKER]). Until this issue is fixed no promotions
> can happen, as well as additional landings for the affected projects
> will be effectively blocked.
>
> And now, for our list:
>

> * What landed in our images:
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/107.commitlog
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/106.commitlog
>

> * Smoke-testing results:
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/
>
> #107 mako
> -
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/107:20140701.1:20140625/8818/
> #106 mako
> - http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/106:20140701:20140625/8808/
>

> * Some useful documentation:
> (Still under development)
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
>

> * Known issues:
>
> ** Manta on recent images doesn't wake correctly from suspend
> [1]
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-system-compositor/+bug/1336411
>  -> A promotion blocker, but fix already prepared and ready for review
>
> ** Keyboard takes approximately 45 second to appear after the welcome
> screen run
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1335917
>  -> Annoying bug, but not critical
I've updated the bug. It appears this is due to maliit-server needing to
be restarted after the wizard finishes. mterry will take a look at it.

> ** Dialer app can nolonger switch between calls or hang up on multiple calls
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1335866
>  -> Serious issue, but not considered a promotion blocker for now as it
> was not tested before
I could not reproduce this on the latest build (109) so marked it
invalid. Please re-open if it's still an issue, but seems to be working
fine for me.

> ** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
>  -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days
>
> ** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
>  -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
> the blocker list by QA
>
> ** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states (Mathieu)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
>  -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
> blocker as it is with us already since some time. Mathieu is working on it.
>

> * Issues not impacting user experience
> (will become blockers if not fixed after a while):
>
> ** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
> smoketesting (Antti)
> [Time counter 14/7 - Whitelisted]
>  -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
> to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.
>
> ** New messaging-app and dialer-app AP failures
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1332576
> [PROMOTION BLOCKER] [Time counter 7/7]
>  -> The upstream developers informed us that they checked the failures
> and have them on the radar. They have a fix on their minds, but will
> work on those once other, more pending tasks are finished. Let's get
> this fixed! Gustavo?
We have new versions of dialera and messaging app in a silo for feature
freeze that may fix some of these failures. We will look into it in more
detail after feature freeze deadline is hit (Thursday)

> ** test_get_unity_top_container failed on mako#89
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1332162
> [Time counter 6/7]
>  -> Fix merged in staging, still waiting for release..!
>
> ** Media player tests failing on mako image #96 because autopilot launch
> doesn't exit until video has stopped
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mediaplayer-app/+bug/1334186
> [Time counter: 6/7]
>  -> No movement here. Looks a bit worse with the autopilot dbus delays...
Can someone from QA help here? Does not appear the problem is related to
app changes in any way and we are under the gun for feature freeze.